Tuesday 2 December 2008

Carmina Burana and Bob The Builder








Carmina and Bob are fantastic parents, they are now rearing their third litter of six gorgeous little Sapphire babies. The babies are three weeks old tomorrow and are already weaned.

Carmina (left on wheel ) is named after the oratorio because as a baby and teen she would scream or swear at anything. When I first put them together if Bob went near her she'd swear at him and I was worried they weren't happy together, that was until I saw her swear at him then run after him when he walked off!

Bob is a nest builder extraordinaire, I have never seen his like before! In the first two days with Car he demolished a loo roll inner a day to provide a vast nest. I had always intended to give him a fanciful name (like all my other hamsters have) but he got nick named Bob and it stuck. He rarely ceases from his quest for the perfect nest, in the centre photo you can see him reaching for sawdust to throw back into the nest,unfortunately poor Car got it in the face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Visit InfoServe for web backgrounds.